The province of Agusan del Sur is basically agriculture and forestry driven economy. Ever since base on the Provincial Agriculture Office (PAO) data, the province is always surplus in the production of rice and corn. Customarily, the province supplies raw materials for sawmills, veneer plants and other processing plants not only in the province but also in outlying areas in Mindanao and even in Visayas. Through the years, there are growing numbers of industries attracted and eventually established in the province to capture the golden opportunities abound within the province. Aside from timber, oil palm plantation and rubber, many downstream industries are being established nowadays.

In 2011, the province produces almost 100% of Caraga Region’s Rubber (Cuplump) and Caraga ranks number 5 in the production of Rubber Cuplump in Mindanao according to Bureau of Agriculture Statistic (BAS).

In 2012, Agusan del Sur Falcata Production reached to 808,891.6 cu.m. with estimated value of P2.34 Billion in which 65% is transported outside the province and  the remaining 35% is processed in the province according to CENRO-DENR.

Mining industry is flourishing within the province particularly in the municipality of Rosario and some areas in San Francisco and Bunawan.

Traditional arts and crafts also prosper, with growing volume finding their way into the export and domestic market.

Trading is bustling in the Growth Centers of the province, supporting their unique clusters of municipalities. Inter-provincial commerce is likewise vibrant with goods flowing in and out through the Maharlika Highway.

 
Slideshow Image 1
Visitors' Counter
mod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_counter
mod_vvisit_counterToday154
mod_vvisit_counterYesterday98
mod_vvisit_counterThis week540
mod_vvisit_counterLast week914
mod_vvisit_counterThis month1678
mod_vvisit_counterLast month4300
mod_vvisit_counterAll days402910
Other Links
  • NFA
  • NSO
  • NBI
  • PCA
  • CDA
  • Pag-Ibig Fund
  • DENR
  • FDA